Alexandrina Rebekah’s Rum Balls
Alexandrina Christmas eCookbook
Treat friends to these more-ish rum balls during the Australian Summer. These balls are a soft confectionery, they are biscuit and almond flavoured with cocoa, and rum, made into the size of a golf ball and coat them in chocolate sprinkles
At our place it was always Christmas when our Mum opened the tub of rum balls. Of course, our Dad had snuck a few, already! Make these early in the season while you have boundless festive energy, they make an ideal gift in a tin.
ALEXANDRINA REBEKAH’S RUM BALLS
150 ml Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream
250 g of plain biscuits, to be crushed
100 g coconut
50 g almond meal
30 g of cocao
300 ml condensed milk
30 ml rum
180g chocolate sprinkles, for rolling in
· put the plain biscuits into your blender and pulse until they are crushed to a fine crumb
· thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, 250 g of plain biscuits, coconut, almond meal and cocoa
· then add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, including Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream, condensed milk and rum
· put the chocolate sprinkles in a shallow dish
· roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll into the sprinkles to coat
· place an airtight container for up to 2-3 weeks, keep in the refrigerator.
CALCIUM HERO OF THE DISH | Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream
Alexandrina's Pure Jersey Cream is the kind of cream where you can stand your spoon straight up in the pot, and it is best served straight onto a homemade dessert. This product is completely free of any preservatives, it is simply a fresh double cream. 51.6 % minimum fat | available in 300 ml tub. Champion Cream Winner of the 2004 Australian Grand Dairy Awards.
LOOKING FOR THE ALEXANDRINA RANGE? | Alexandrina Cheese work with an incredible network of retailers and one or two key partners across the country. This list is just the beginning of where you can find Alexandrina Cheese products near you. We recommend giving retailers a call to check for which Alexandrina Cheese products they have in stock.
LOOKING FOR INGREDIENT? | Local almond meal can be found from Taronga Almonds, a family run business on the Fleurieu Peninsula, who have created a range of fresh small batch almond products.
TOP TIP | With enough Rum balls, any holiday can be jolly!
FOODIE FACT | Apparently the world's largest rum ball was created in Denmark in 2017, weighing 31 kg.