Alexandrina Perfect Peach Cobbler
Alexandrina Spring Recipe Series
This old fashioned Peach Cobbler recipe is not only extremely easy to make from scratch, but is made with fresh or tinned peaches so you can enjoy it all year round. If you have an excess of other stone fruit you can substitute for apricots, nectarines or plums. This cobbler is just so creamy yet the peaches give a delicate, floral sweetness to the dessert. The joy comes to the table when it is served with Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream
ALEXANDRINA PERFECT PEACH COBBLER
4-6 peaches , peeled, cored and sliced (about 4 cups)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt *omit / optional
For the batter:
3/4 cup Alexandrina Crème Fraiche
3/4 cup Alexandrina Pure Jersey Full Cream Jersey
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt *omit / optional
1 x 300 ml tub of Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream
preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. *(if using tinned peaches, skip ahead)
- cook the peaches on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helps to bring out juices from the peaches, remove from heat and set aside
- slice butter into pieces and add to a baking dish
- place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt
- once melted, remove the pan from the oven
- in a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- stir in the Alexandrina Crème Fraiche and add the Alexandrina Milk, until all combined
- pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and smooth it into an even layer
- spoon the peaches and juice (or tinned peaches, if using) over the batter
- sprinkle cinnamon generously over the top
- bake at 180 degrees centigrade for about 35-40 minutes
- serve warm, with a dollop of Alexandrina Pure Jersey Cream
LOOKING FOR THE ALEXANDRINA RANGE? | Alexandrina Cheese work with an incredible network of retailers and one or two key partners across the country. This list is just the beginning of where you can find Alexandrina Cheese products near you. We recommend giving retailers a call to check for which Alexandrina Cheese products they have in stock. Here is the link ---> Stockists
Looking for Peaches | Try one of the growers at your local independent grocer or at Farmers Market.
Plating up | Serve warm, with a dollop of Pure Jersey Cream and / or locally made icecream (if desired).
Top Tip | If you have an excess of other stone fruit you can substitute for apricots, nectarines or plums.
Find more Alexandrina Recipes here | Alexandrina Curd’s & Whey blog
We are preparing ourselves for our Cook - Along - Together Challenge this Spring with Alexandrina Cheese Company
You are welcome to tune in to our LIVESTREAM on Wednesday to hear about how this #challenge is going to work.
Our recipe of the series is this delicious Alexandrina Perfect Peach Cobbler
We are keen for you to post your cooking photographs either on facebook or instagram, using our new hashtags.
Each week the second hashtag will change, stay tuned!
First published sometime during the early 2000’s – Cooking with Rebekah, and commonly Rebekah handed out little recipes at the Alexandrina Cheese stall at the farmers market.
This blog is not sponsored, we exclusively partner with Alexandrina Cheese Company Pty Ltd.